What’s a ransomware?
The ransomware attack is a form of attack which consists in infecting the computer of an individual or an employee of a company through a malicious program which encrypts and blocks the data and requests a ransom in return to decipher it.
How to protect against ransomware?
- Don’t open emails of suspicious origin;
- Don’t ever open an attachment from an unknown sender or from one who is not entirely trustworthy;
- Regularly carry out data backup;
- Regularly update your software.
What to do in case of attack?
- Don’t pay the ransom: nothing ensures that once the ransom payed, the hacker will unblock your computer;
- Disconnect immediately from the network the equipment identified as compromised (to block the ransomware’s spread);
- Immediately contact the Information systems security referents of your company.