What are fraudulent e-mails ?
Fraudulent e-mails are e-mails which can contain infectious attachments: Pay attention to these fraudulent e-mails because a single entry point is enough to infiltrate a network!
The aim of a trap and thus malicious attachment is to pose as a legitimate file (PDF, Word document, JPG image…), while hosting and hiding a malicious code: this is what we generally call Trojans.
These fraudulent e-mails can serve to ransomware attacks.
How to protect against fraudulent e-mails?
The vigilance is crucial.
- Don’t open e-mails of suspicious origin;
- Don’t ever open an attachment from an unknown sender or from one who is not entirely trustworthy;
- Check the links by hovering the cursor over them (without clicking) to ensure that they link to trustworthy websites;
- Never reply under the pressure of this kind of solicitation and do not proceed to any payment;
- If there is any doubt, contact the sender through another method, they will confirm if it really is a fraud attempt or not;
- Be attentive of the quality of the language used by the mail’s sender.
Please find recent cases of fraudulent emails on the blog.