These terms and conditions of use (« T&Cs ») are subject to French law. They define the conditions and legal obligations related to the use of the website accessible at https://www.nameshield.com (hereinafter the « Site »). Access to the site and its use (whether you are a member or not) brings with it your explicit and unreserved acceptance of these T&Cs and any other rules, policies and operating procedures which may be published in the future, and which will be incorporated in the « Changes to T&Cs » section.
- Presentation Nameshield, a simplified joint stock company whose registered office is located at 7 Rue de Caumartin, 75009 Paris, registered with the RCS Paris under the number B399 140 961, is the owner and host of the Site. The publication director is Jean-Paul Béchu. Nameshield is entitled to register and renew domain names and offers various services related to their management.
- Terms and Conditions of Sale For every purchase of a service, Nameshield’s terms and conditions of sale apply to the purchaser. These T&Cs are distinct and do not apply to the sale of goods or services offered by Nameshield.
- Change to T&Cs Nameshield reserves the right to change these T&Cs at any time without prior notice. It is up to users to check regularly the changes that may occur.
- Intellectual property Nameshield is a registered trademark and the Site is the exclusive property of Nameshield. No use of the brand, logos, graphics, text, names, tabs, trim, features or content on the Site, including the availability search tool, is allowed without Nameshield’s prior, express and written consent.
- Using the availability search Via the Site, Nameshield provides users online access to search availability of a domain name and access to the whois database for that name in order to see the technical and administrative details of a registered domain name. Nameshield is subject to the rules imposed by the NICs and thus may limit your access to research availability or to whois records. Nameshield does not undertake to ensure the completeness of the search result and does not guarantee the accuracy of search results. You acknowledge that Nameshield does not have the means to control the content of the WHOIS database in principle, and has no control over the content of these databases. This availability search tool is made available to you free of charge and you agree to use it in accordance with laws and regulations and to not collect information for commercial purposes. You acknowledge that this research is carried out at a specific time and therefore does not take into account the registration applications that have not yet been processed by the NICs.
- Links to other sites The Site may provide links to other Internet sites over which Nameshield has no control. Therefore, Nameshield can never be held responsible for the content of these sites and associated services.
- Cookies The user is informed that during his/her visits to the site, a cookie may be automatically installed on your browser. A cookie is an element that does not identify the user but is used to record information about his/her navigation on the website. Users may deactivate this cookie using the settings contained within their browsers.
- Limitation of liability In no case may Nameshield be held liable for any direct or indirect damage, including material damage, loss of data or programs, financial losses arising from access to or use of the Site or any site with which it is linked. Site content is presented without warranty of any kind.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction These T&Cs are governed by French law and any dispute which cannot be settled amicably in advance will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
- Personal data You have a right to access, modify, rectify and delete your data in accordance with Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, data files and individual liberties. This request can be sent to Nameshield, 27 rue des Arenes, 49100 Angers – France.
Ce article est également disponible en English.